Waiver of Liability Release
Mandatory waiver. A parent or guardian must complete this form if the participant is under the age of 18.
Warning! By reading and agreeing to this document you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue. Please read carefully. Minor participants must have this waiver completed by a parent or legal guardian.
1. In consideration for receiving permission to participate in the Lambton Shores Dragon Boat Club, as well as to join the practice sessions and to enter the premises, waterways and grounds supervised by the Lambton Shores Dragon Boat Club, the receipt of said permission being hereby acknowledged, I do hereby forever RELEASE any and all liability, discharge and agree not to sue the Lambton Shores Dragon Boat Club (LSDBC) and its respective directors, members, trustees, agents, representatives, officers, sponsors, licensors, servants, volunteers and employees and agree to and save them HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY them from and against any and all liabilities, claims, injuries, losses, damages, expenses, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever kind or nature arising out of or related to any such loss, damage or injury, including death, etc. that maybe sustained by me for whatever reason while so participating in the LSDBC whether such damages are the result of negligence or for any other reason or cause.
I have read and agree to be bound by paragraph 1.
2. I also agree to and discharge forthwith on request of the LSDBC and their respective directors, agents, members, trustees, representatives, officers, sponsors, licensors, servants, volunteers and employees and their authorized representatives each and every obligation or claim which shall be made, assigned or apportioned against LSDBC and their respective directors, members, trustees, agents, representatives, officers, sponsors, licensors, servants, volunteers and employees by any party by virtue of any injury or damage caused by me or to me absolutely.
I have read and agree to be bound by paragraph 2.
3. I and my next of kin are duly aware of the risks and hazards inherent in both the sport of paddling and entering the premises used for the purpose of launching, docking and storing equipment used in the sport of paddling and specifically in participating in the Lambton Shores Dragon Boat Club and the practice sessions and participating in events, knowing conditions may be hazardous and dangerous and that obstructions may exist and that high winds may cause rough water, and that I hereby give notice that I am a competent swimmer and that I voluntarily assume all risks of loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or to any property while in or upon said premises or engaged in said event.
I have read and agree to be bound by paragraph 3.
4. I agree, while participating in the LSDBC, I will properly wear AT ALL TIMES including any practice sessions, an approved, inherently buoyant, personal floatation device or life jacket.
I have read and agree to be bound by paragraph 4.
5. In signing the foregoing release, I hereby acknowledge and represent that I have read the foregoing release, I understand it and agree to it voluntarily, that I am 18 years of age or older, and of sound mind, or, if under 18 years of age prior to December 31st of this year and have co-signed with a parent or guardian, as the case may be.
I have read and agree to be bound by paragraph 5.
Please select an option below:
I am an adult
I am a parent reading and accepting on behalf of a minor
By checking this box, I acknowledge that my Full Name (below) will be accepted as a virtual signature on this waiver, on behalf of my minor child.
Child's Full Name (if signing on behalf of a minor)
Please fill out the form above and select “Next” to continue.